RSS .92| RSS 2.0| ATOM 0.3| iTunes
  • Home
  • Fashion Dictionary
  • Fashion History
  • Fashion Week Dates
  • Dress Sizes
  • Terms of Use

    Let’s ask the Fashion Dictionary: What are flares?

    Ever heard of the fashion term “flares”? Do you know what that is?

    Must known fashion term #27: Flares

    Sometimes, bell-bottoms are also called flares. They are pants/trousers that become wider from the knees downward to the feet. The term bell-bottom comes from the “bell-shaped” look at the bottom of the jeans and became fashionable for both men and women in Europe and North America in the mid-1960s.

    If you’d like to learn more useful fashion terms just click yourself through our fashion dictionary.

    ps: Have you discovered a fashion term you’d like to introduce to our fellow fashion speakers? Feel free to drop us a line or leave a comment below and we’ll share it here.

    Tags: , , , , , , , ,

    Kommentare sind geschlossen.